Thursday, October 23, 2008

Redemption? Lets hope so....

First, I want to start by saying; Im not the TV guy. Nate is the TV guy, but I saw the commercial for this again last night and felt that I needed to post something. Its been well over a week since I posted anything here on the blog. Serious writers block, but anyways....

Does anyone else find it kind of funny (and ironic) that the name of the "24" tv movie, that is set to air November 23rd, is "Redemption"? When I finally saw the commercial, during the MLB playoffs, I have to admit I got a good laugh out of that. After the horrific display that was season 6, redemption, is exactly what this series needs.

"24 Redemption" will follow the exploits of Jack Bauer as he travels to Africa to search for some place he can be at peace. Before you worry and gather visions of Jack joining some African tribe and living happily amongst the animals, let me remind you that the sole purpose of Jack Bauer is to kick ass! Peace makes for bad TV (although so did the 'conflict' in season 6), so rest assured that wherever Jack goes evil will follow, and probably in the form of a middle-eastern terrorist.

Upon arrival in Africa to meet up with an old friend, Jack gets caught up in a military coup. The events that follow are supposed to bridge the gap and lead us from season 6 (shiver) to season 7.
Lets hope that, redemption, is what this brings to a show that has fallen so far from grace. May it remind us that "24" used to be so good before.

Here is the trailer/commercial if you havent seen it yet.



I like how they say "Keifer Sutherland returns."...Was that not him last season?

...Hmmm maybe thats why it sucked...


DAMN IT!

No comments: