Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Releases of 08/26/08

So this week I will try to keep it short and sweet. The Shield Season 6 came out today and that will be my main focus. Sometime within the next week I will be doing something on the entire series, dunno what yet, but it's needed as the 7th and final season starts next Tuesday. A show as incredible as this deserves something from somebody like myself who is blown away by each season.




The Shield - The Complete Sixth Season:


Continuing directly after season 5, Vic and the Strike Team are distraught over Lem's death. Shane has been overcome by guilt and becomes reckless and suicidal. Kavanaugh refuses to let the case die and resorts to planting evidence and coercing witnesses to lie about the Strike Team. Dutch and Claudette begin to suspect his integrity. Vic learns from Claudette that the Chief plans to force him into early retirement — and vows to wreak bloody vengeance on Lem's killer before losing his badge. Claudette learns that the Barn could be shut down if no improvements are made by the time quarterly crime statistics are released.


The 6th season of The Shield was a great season, not as great as season 5, but when you come off such an incredible season and quite possibly one of the best season finalies I have even seen on TV, it's hard to live up to such hype (ask all the fans of heroes). This season was meant to be the last but Shawn Ryan (creator) thought he could add more to the story. It's really hard not to go into detail about this show, or this season. Forest Whitaker is back for 2 episodes as Lt. Kavanaugh, putting Lem's (Kenny Johnson) death on Vic (Michael Chiklis). Forest Whitaker is great in the role of Kavanaugh. He went from being the guy who wants Vic in jail for the death of Terry Crowley (long story) and being very good at what he does, to planting evidence in Vic's apartment which would lead to him being arrested for Lem's murder. He does come clean about it before anything happens to Vic but it just shows that Vic is the type of guy who can turn anybody dirty. "I planted evidence on a guilty man" my favorite line of Whitaker, because it's so true. Vic ultimatley finds out that Shane, his best friend, was the one who killed Lem, which we knew would happen I mean Vic may be dirty but he's a damn good cop and would have figured it out soon enough. With Vic knowing sets up for the 7th and final season witch I will go into more detail in my blogs about the shield later this week.

Final verdict? TV shows are hard, to give a rating to but I will say that this show to me is the best show on all of TV and I don't know if I will ever see something as good as The Shield. So I am going to give this a... buy/rent. Why? This show needs to be seen and you need to start from the beginning. So rent the first season to see if the shows is for you, I mean you may be crazy and think it's terrible. But if you love the shield and have season 1-5 then you need to buy this dvd and throw in you collection next to the rest. And sometime next year pick up season 7 and have the entire series, and brag to all your friends how it is to be awesome, I will be.


Next Week The Office Season 4

No comments: