Friday, December 12, 2008

Holy Blu-Ray Review Batman!!


So the day has come and gone, no not the coming of Christ, though just as, if not more important, The Dark Knight has come to DVD and Blu-Ray. I of course bought the Blu-Ray edition and I must say it looks incredible. I have an even bigger appreciation for it because I had seen it on DVD a few days before I watched it on Blu-Ray, take my word for it, there is a difference. The DVD looks awful on a 42 inch widescreen TV. It’s very stretched and the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen take up most of the TV. Now the Blu-Ray on the other hand. Small black bars, and they even included the IMAX scenes so in some parts of the movie there are no black bars at all. As for the extras, meh… For the biggest movie of the year I feel a little let down. They give you three documentaries, that you could seen on the History Channel before the release of the theater release of the movie. None of which had anything to do with the making of the film.

The movie itself really lives up to the hype. I think a lot of people think because of Heath Ledger’s death this film gets put on a pedestal that it doesn’t belong on. Now, yes Ledger’s death helped hype this movie a lot. But I know before his death people were drooling over the trailer and saying how awesome his pretrial of The Joker will be and how big of a star he is going to be because of this role. With that said I think if Ledger were alive we would be in the same position with this movie, it was great and you can’t take anything away from that.

So obviously this movie is a must own, not a rent, borrow, or steal. Seriously I know it’s just about 2009 and you can torrent the file just about anywhere, or find a site to watch it on for free. But it’s worth the money to own it, and if you have a Blu-Ray player spend the extra ten dollars on the Blu-Ray edition. Seriously who buys the DVD when they can have the Blu-Ray?

Well that’s it for today… damn it feels good to be back!

No comments: